We’ve heard about IPv6 from an IX and ISP perspective, but what happens when you try to deploy IPv6 on the hosting side? We’ll look at some of the challenges and the subtle and unexpected things that can go wrong.
IPv6: A hosting and developer perspective (NetMcr, 8th October 2020)
These resources were either useful in preparing my talk or cover topics that I didn’t have time to go into.
- Should government mandate IPv6 rollout? – LinkedIn post about mandating IPv6
- Google IPv6 statistics – inbound IPv6 traffic to Google
- Facebook IPv6 statistics – inbound IPv6 traffic to Facebook
- World IPv6 launch measurements – Statistics for availability of IPv6 on Alexa top 1000 sites (and others)
- UKNOF29 – IPv6-only Data Centres
- UKNOF34 – IPv6 Only Hosting