If you have a PHP website, you need to ensure that every component (code, files, database etc.) is backed up on a regular basis.
Backups need to be ADST:
- Automated: So that you don’t forget to create them.
- Distributed: Multiple copies in different locations, so that you don’t lose your backups at the same time as your live data.
- Secure: At least the same level of security as your application.
- Tested: At least once a month – you don’t want to have to restore from backups only to find out they don’t work.
Only if all the above are satisfied can you be confident that your backups will be there for you when you need them.
Where I can help
The backup areas I can help with include:
- Identifying the website components to backup.
- Reviewing and recommending backup hosting providers – locations, costings etc.
- Designing and implementing an automated backup system.
- Regular testing of backups.
- Writing a disaster recovery plan, including restoring from backups.
I can help with any combination of the above, e.g. if you want me to design a backup solution but perform the regular testing in-house.
Any backups that I setup will be on infrastructure which you pay for directly, so you will not be tied in to using my services or reliant on me for the backups to work.
Backup services are charged based on the complexity of your PHP website. Fees are based on the value I deliver, rather than a fixed hourly rate.
Please contact me for a free initial discussion, after which I’ll provide a quote tailored to your requirements.