Swift Money is a web application which sends a short-term loan application to multiple lenders and redirects the applicant to the first successful response. The primary language is PHP, with MySQL for data storage.
Projects I have worked on include:
- Integration of new lender APIs, with SOAP, XML and JSON.
- Automated invoicing and credit control system which generates invoices and emails them to lenders.
- Optimisation of database queries to significantly reduce the time required to produce reports.
- Design and implementation of new reports to analyse loan and lender data.
- Implementation of two factor authentication to protect accounts.
- System to log Subject Access Requests and Requests to Erase to comply with GDPR and data protection.
- Automated anonymisation of applications to allow continued reporting without retaining personal data.
- Blocklist functionality to prevent vulnerable customers from using the service.
- Regular server migrations to upgrade PHP from 5.6 to 7.4 and increase capacity.
- Automated backups – local and off-site.
- Reproducible local development environment using Vagrant, Ansible and Docker.
In addition to the above projects, I setup a staging site for testing new features, using version control and automatic deployment.