Recently I was asked for suggestions of co-working spaces in Manchester city centre. Rather than email the person directly, I figured it was easier to add a blog post and direct them and anyone else to it.
None of these are recommendations – the place I used to co-work in unfortunately closed – but hopefully they will provide a starting point for further research. Places only get on the list if they are actually for proper co-working – no coffee shops where you can buy a drink and not get hassled for a few hours. I’ve excluded places if I disagree with their employment practices (e.g. utilising unpaid interns) or they don’t disclose prices on their website.
- Federation House: Located near Shudehill bus station.
- Open Space: Located in Hulme. Workspace is managed by the members.
- Beehive Lofts: Located in Ancoats.
- Colony: Located in Ancoats. Due to open in July 2018.
- Accelerate Places: Located near the Gay Village.
- Workplace: Located near Manchester Oxford Road railway station.
- The Assembly: Located in the Northern Quarter.
- Headspace: Located in Spinningfields.
Hackspaces will often offer co-working space as well, though they may be a bit noisy if you are trying to work on a laptop. Libraries are another option, but the fact that they are open to the public means that you’ll have to pack up your laptop every time you want to grab a drink or lunch.
If there’s a place I’ve missed, please let me know in the comments and I’ll update the post.